With September 29th being National Coffee Day, I thought I would share one of my favorite latte recipes with a seasonal twist! This delicious recipe comes from Izabella Wentz’s amazing “Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology” book. This recipe promotes health and wellness through offering a caffeine-free, hormone and blood sugar balancing base consisting of coconut milk, maca and cinnamon. On top of all that you will also get a healthy digestion support boost from the pumpkin puree & the spices in pumpkin pie spice. I suggest using a gelatinized maca powder, as the gelatinization process will remove the starch, making the maca sweeter and easier to digest, all while retaining its hormone balancing benefits.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
1. 1 cup of boiling water
2. ½ cup coconut milk
3. 2 tablespoons of canned organic pumpkin puree
4. 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice (or AI Pumpkin Pie Spice)
5. 1 teaspoon of Maca root powder *If tolerated*
6. 1 teaspoon of maple syrup *sugar-free will promote healthy blood sugar levels*
7. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 20 to 30 seconds until the color is uniform
Nutritional Analysis per serving: Protien 3.28g, Fat 29.13g, Carbs 15.95g, B-12 0mcg, Iron 3.07mg, Iodine 0mcg, Magnesium 57.47mg, Potassium 415.46mg, Selenium 7.92 mcg, Sodium 22.1mg
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do! check back in every week for a tasty and easy to make weekly recipe!
Here’s a link to purchase Izabella Wentz’s Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology book, which includes many more delicious and easy recipes!