Looking for a good way to get some nutrition in your body without stressing your digestive system? Look no further – I’ve laid out the Green Juice detoxifying smoothie recipe from Izabella Wentz’s Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology in hopes you’ll like it as much as I do. This smoothie is a staple in my diet and has profound benefits, such as being full of chlorophyll, which has excellent detoxifying properties. Make sure to use coconut oil or avocado if blood sugar stabilization is an issue for you.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 *you can keep leftover juice in a sealed glass container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours
- 6-7 baby carrots
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into wedges
- 3-4 stalks of celery
- 1 small cucumber sliced in half
- 3 cups finely chopped kale
- 1 lime sliced in half
- sea salt or pink Himalayan sea salt for taste
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil or 1 avacado (optional)
1. Using a masticating juicer, slowly feed the vegetables and fruit (including peels) into the juicer until all of the produce has been processed.
2. If you’re using coconut oil or avocado, place in a blender, add juiced fruit and vegetables, then blend for 30 seconds.